Gangsters have been living in United States from the early 1800s. They have created a tremendous impact on the American culture as well. The production of movies such as “Godfather” can be considered as a perfect example to prove the above mentioned fact. Here is a list of the most popular gangsters that lived in United States back in 1920s and 1930s.
- Pretty Boy Floyd – Pretty Boy Floyd is one of the most popular and terrifying gangsters who lived in United States during the 1920s. He was born back in 1904 and was raised in the dust fields of his father. When Pretty Boy Floyd turned 21, he started his criminal activities through a bank robbery. The frustration and bitterness that Pretty Boy Floyd had to face when living a low class life forced him to become a gangster. Later he met few other local gangsters in Kansas City. They provided him with a nickname called “Pretty Boy”, but he didn’t like it at all. Even though Pretty Boy Floyd was a gangster, he was able to maintain a positive reputation among general public. As a result, he was also called as the “Robin Hood of Cookson Hills”. Pretty Boy Floyd was finally killed by a group of FBI agents and local officers.
- Legs Diamond – Legs Diamond was born and raised in the streets of Philadelphia back in 1896. He was a prominent gangster who lives in United States during 1920s and 1930s as well. Legs Diamond worked for the United States Army during the World War 1. However, he became a powerful figure in Underworld by 1927. He got into a conflict with Dutch Schultz, who was another prominent gangster by that time.
- Al Capone – Al Capone was the first person to feature the cover page of the Times Magazine as a gangster in Chicago. He had a scar on his left cheek and was also known as “Scar Face”. He was gifted with an excellent mind and he used it for numerous criminal activities. In fact, he became a prominent underworld figure with the help of his brilliant mind.
- Machine Gun Kelly – Machine Gun Kelly was a famous gangster and a bootlegger who lived in 1930s. He was born in 1897 and became popular as a harmless gangster. However, he remained as a harmless gangster, until he got married to Kathryn Thorne. In fact, she encouraged Machine Gun Kelly to commit crimes and rob banks. She even convinced him to kidnap a millionaire called Urschel. He got caught to police in 1933 and was sentenced to life.
- Bonnie and Clyde – These are the most wanted criminals back in United States. In fact, the police officers called them as public enemies. That’s because they killed a large number of police officers as well as innocent civilians. Since they kept on killing police officers, officers decided to use a stronger firepower in order to kill them.Check here infographic …