The use of hair extensions has exploded over the past 10 years. In 2015 alone, 1 in 4 women had tried hair extensions at least 1 time. Technology has made it possible to wear extensions not only for length but also for volume/thickness. Thanks to hair extensions, you can have the hair of your dreams – like today.
As with any trend explosion there are lots of companies scrambling to jump on board in order to make a quick buck. We had the chance to speak with Christopher Box – a hair extension expert and Dallas TX salon owner. Here are some things you need to know before getting any type of hair extension.
“ I have been in the hair extension business for almost 20 years. When I opened my salon, The Beauty Box Salon & Extension Bar, I wanted to create a place that was all about educating people on the art and science of hair extensions. You should know that not all hair extensions are created equally. You really need an expert to help educate you on what is best for you. “
Here are my Top 10 Things to Think About When Researching Hair Extensions
1. What is your budget?
2. Decide if you want human hair or synthetic.
3. Human hair costs more than synthetic. Good human hair isn’t cheap. Ever.
4. Are you a clip in girl or are you looking for permanent?
5. What kinds of clip in extensions are available? You should definitely check out Halo Hair Extensions.
6. What kinds of permanent extensions are available? Fusion, Cold Fusion, Tape, Locks & Sew In are the most common.
7. What does Yelp have to say about the place you are purchasing from?
8. What is your lifestyle like? Are you extremely active?
9. Do you like to style your hair?
10. Book a consult with a reputable salon.
The Beauty Box Salon & Extension Bar may be based in Dallas, however, they have an excellent blog dedicated to all things beauty and Dallas Hair Extensions! Check it out – This is a great place to start your hair extension research no matter where you decide to go.