When meeting someone new, or just trying to impress old friends, generally, people will try look their best. One of the ways that they try to achieve this is by making their skin look as clean and clear as possible. Often, the first thing that strangers and friends alike will notice is your face. Like it or not, if your facial skin is littered with pimples, those around you will often make unfair judgments. Sometimes people will try to mask their acne with makeup, but this does not solve the problem, and sometimes even serves to exacerbate the problem as time goes on. In order to make the best impression on others, it is a good idea to try and eradicate acne from the sources. Fortunately, there are some excellent tips to get rid of acne.
Tips to Get Rid of Acne and Fight Bacteria
- Acne is caused by dirt and bacteria that build up on the surface of the victim’s skin. Throughout the day, people touch all kinds of objects that are infested with these same dirt and bacteria. Consequently, when they touch their face with hands, they are transferring all of these acne-causing particles only their skin, which makes it very likely for episodes of acne to appear. Thus, it is highly important to keep your hands away from your face.
- If you do not touch your face regularly and still experience acne, the problem could be that you are not working up enough of a sweat. When you begin to sweat, it helps to clear your pores out by moving dead skin cells that can clog pores to the top of your skin, where then can be more easily removed.
- When you do decide to work out, be sure to wear loose fitting clothing. Garments that hug the body can trap bacteria that is in sweat and cause acne to form.
- Another acne causing culprit could be your makeup or haircare routine. Some makeup and hair care products will leave a residue on your face that will clog your pores. If you have trouble with acne, it is best to leave these heavy products alone for a while.
How to Properly Cleanse Your Skin
- It is imperative that you wash you skin at least twice a day. Dirt and oil build up on your face throughout the day, and even at night when you are sleeping. For this reason, it is a good idea to wash you face twice during the day – once when you wake up, and once before you go to sleep at night.
- Of course, it is also very important to make sure that you are showering regularly as well. Washing only your face is important, but as mentioned, debris and bacteria build up all over your body throughout the day. If these acne-causing particles are not removed with regular showering, they can end up on your face and cause acne to appear or get worse.
- When washing your face and skin, it may a good idea to use an exfoliating scrub if you struggle with acne. This rough texture of some exfoliating scrubs can help to remove dead skin cells more effectively than ordinary soaps can.
Consulting a Dermatologist
- These doctors can describe a strong topical medication such a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid which generally clears up most mild to moderate acne.
- However, a stronger medication is often necessary for a clear face, and your dermatologist can prescribe a more powerful medication in pill form.