Getting a job in 2015 is far from easy in today’s world. Many jobs are fiercely fought over by dozens or even hundreds of applicants and if you want to get an interview your resume really will need to make you stand out. Most of the time a recruiter is only going to spend a few seconds scanning your resume to see if you meet their requirements; if they cannot quickly see that you meet their needs without having to dig into your resume you are going to have your resume discarded. By following some simple resume tricks you can ensure that your resume will get you noticed.
Many job hunters just use the same resume over and over for their applications without any thought as to if it actually reflects what the recruiter is looking for. If you want to get noticed it is vital that your resume clearly shows that you meet their specific requirements. To do this simply:
- Review the advert to identify the specific experiences and skills they are looking for
- Look at their websites and other information to see their aims and what they value in an employee
- Match your skills and experiences to their specific requirements
- Put what they are looking for at the start of each section of your resume so that they are seen first
Your resume format 2015 needs to clearly show the recruiter what they are looking for quickly if you are going to be invited to interview. Your resume only has to show what the recruiter needs to see, it should not be a fully detailed life and work history after all they want something to talk about at your interview. So your resume should not be any more than 2 pages in length and should be clear and easy to read. There are many different formats that you can download and use but in general you will need to:
- Use white space to draw the recruiters eye to the right information; so ensure that the start of each section is clear
- Put the most important of your skills, qualifications and experience that they are looking for at the start of each relevant section so that they see these first without having to search for them
- Use an easy to read 12pt font; never use flowery or colored scripts
- Do not use any form of dividers or decorations within your resume
- Minimize formatting; bold your section headings only
- Use examples to demonstrate skills
- Quantify your achievements where possible
You can follow all of the different resume tricks that people promote but if your resume contains spelling mistakes or grammatical errors it can seriously harm your chances of getting an interview. Not having spent the time to eliminate these forms of errors says to the recruiter that your application is not serious and that you have not taken sufficient time and care over your application. Always proofread your resume and if possible have it proofread by a third party also to ensure that nothing is missed.
Finding a new job is far from easy so if you really want to improve your chances of being selected for an interview you can follow our simple resume tricks or you can use professional resume writing services. They can provide you with an outstanding resume that is going to get you noticed through using highly qualified and very experienced resume writers.