- 1 cat diseases
- 1.1 Causes of anorexia in cats
- 1.2 The most important food that should be given to cats
- 1.3 Food recipes to open the appetite of cats
Cats are among the pets that many individuals love to have, due to their playful nature, and they are also considered smart animals that do their daily work on their own, but at the same time they are exposed to many diseases that affect them and sometimes cause them to die, and we mention them: fungus , loss of appetite, influenza, constipation, epilepsy, tooth loss and others, and anorexia is one of the common diseases among cats.
Causes of anorexia in cats
- Repeating the same food for a long time, as cats get bored and tired of eating the same food.
- Infection of cats with some diseases, such as: intestinal worms, pancreatitis, and others.
- Infection of cats with dental and gum diseases.
- Cats can swallow hair while grooming their bodies, so they can't eat.
- There is a change in the cat's eating system, for example, changing the plate in which the food is placed, or changing the house.
- Forcing cats to eat foods they don't like.
- Aging, as elderly cats have less desire to eat.
- No smell in cats.
- Jealousy of another cat, or of the presence of another animal in the house.
The most important food that should be given to cats
- Vegetables: Vegetables contain fiber and carbohydrates that are important for cat health, and they can be served mashed or boiled. Among the most important vegetables that must be provided: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and peas.
- Cheese: Cheese contains proteins that are important for cat health, and can be served on an almost daily basis, noting that it is not preferable to serve cheese to kittens. Because her body cannot accept lactose, and thus she suffers from intestinal distress and diarrhea.
- Fish: Fish contains nutrients that are important for cat health, and can be served once a month.
- Eggs: Eggs contain proteins that are important for cat health, and can be served boiled or scrambled.
- Meat: Meat contains various nutrients, and it can be served cooked or boiled, but it is not preferable to serve it permanently. because it can cause diarrhea.
Food recipes to open the appetite of cats
- Vegetable soup: Put a quarter cup each of: rice, carrots, broccoli, rice and two cups of boiling water in a pot on the fire, leave it until it boils, then remove the mixture from the heat, pour it into the electric blender and mix it well, then serve the mixture to the cat.
- Chicken pasta: Mix a cup of boiled pasta, two tablespoons of corn oil, a quarter cup of boiled and mashed carrots, and two pieces of finely chopped chicken in a bowl, then serve the mixture to the cat.
- Chicken soup: Mix three cups of chicken stock, four tablespoons of flour, a cup of mashed carrots, and three-quarters of a cup of minced meat in a bowl, then serve the mixture to the cat twice a day.
- Bread with milk: put a quarter cup each of: chicken stock and low-fat milk in a bowl, then add two pieces of finely chopped bread, mix the ingredients, then put the mixture into the microwave for a minute or until it heats up a little.
- Note: If these methods do not succeed in eliminating the loss of appetite, the cats must be taken to the doctor as soon as possible to conduct the necessary examinations and give them the appropriate medicine.