- 1 Cat fungus
- 2 Treatment of cat fungus
- 3 causes of cat fungus
- 4 symptoms of cat fungus
- 5 Prevention of cat fungus
Cat fungus is one of the types of fungi that affect the skin of cats, and affects the respiratory system, and in the advanced stages of it, it greatly affects the brain and nerves, so the fungus is transmitted from one cat to another through infection, or exposure to some conditions and factors that cause fungi, and it is possible for cats to transmit This infection spreads to other animals, not just cats.
Cat fungus treatment
It is difficult to get rid of cat fungus disease, especially in its final stages, but it is not impossible, so it is important to start treating the disease from the beginning of its discovery, by presenting the infected cat to the veterinarian, and isolating it from the rest of the cats; To avoid spreading infection, and taking antifungal medications, which are added to cat food.
It is noteworthy that the treatment takes time, which may reach several weeks, to obtain final results, but in the event that the fungus spreads throughout the cat’s body, it may take a longer period of time, and the cat owner must take caution and caution; It is possible for the cat to transmit the infection to him, so gloves and masks must be worn when holding the cat, and to avoid direct contact with it completely, until the completion of the treatment period.
The place of fungus infection can be rubbed with a diluted betadine solution, by placing the solution on a piece of cotton, distributing it on the cat's body, leaving it for two hours, then cleaning the cat with a special shampoo that can be obtained from animal supply stores, and exposing the cat to sunlight.
Causes of cat thrush
Cats are exposed to several factors that cause infection with feline mycosis, such as: rubbing the same cats with soil contaminated with the feces of another infected cat, or when cats have some scratches, and are not treated directly, so it is easy for the virus to enter the blood, or to develop a weakened immunity.
Symptoms of cat thrush
- The skin is clearly swollen, and it is possible to notice swelling in the lymph glands, and redness of the skin.
- Not responding to medications, specifically medications to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- The appearance of some nodules on the surface of the skin, which gradually spread throughout the body.
- Fever and laziness.
- Cats lose the ability to stand and walk; This is due to the fungus reaching the bones and joints.
- Loss of appetite, and significant weight loss.
- The appearance of many sudden wounds on the surface of the skin and their bleeding, especially the areas: the head and the extremities.
Prevention of cat fungus
It is possible to prevent cat fungus disease by keeping cats away from contaminated places, changing cat litter daily, and avoiding cat contact with street cats, or any other cats and animals.